Bilingual Clinical Supervisor
Direct Services Program – A Program Summary:
Our Direct Services Program consists of Staff, Associates (Clinical Interns), and Volunteer trauma counselors who provide a variety of support services to child, adolescent and adult victim-survivors of all forms of direct and indirect trauma from sexual abuse or assault trauma. We believe it is crucial to focus on the intergenerational effects of trauma on individuals within the context of family, communities and the larger socio-political milieu.
About the position:
RTS seeks a contracted Clinical Supervisor to oversee the clinical work of 1-2 post grad MFTI/ASW/PCCI interns.
- Supervisor will provide individual supervision at RTS office in Burlingame to 1-2 clinicians a week (for one hour each) to be scheduled between supervisor and clinicians.
- Be available for emergency clinical consultations.
- Work collaboratively with Counseling Program Director and Counseling Program Coordinator.
Qualifications and Characteristics Desired:
- Bicultural/Bilingual (Spanish speaking-fluent) required, as well as an in depth understanding of the unique needs and barriers of the Latino community.
- Understanding of the unique nuances surrounding the interpretation/translation of terms and techniques for non-English speakers.
- Licensed professional with BBS, minimum of two years prior to commencement of supervision.
- Exceptional ability to provide supervision in a supportive, constructive, trauma informed manner.
- Ensure clinicians complete all paperwork to agency timeline.
- Expert clinical skills; experience working with trauma.
- Comfort working with the diverse population of San Mateo County.
- Appreciation of the agency’s philosophical understanding regarding violence and oppression;
- Commitment to the agency’s efforts to be inclusive and make its services accessible to all people;
- Commitment to trauma-focused counseling and advocacy;
- Valid California driver’s license, insurance, and reliable access to transportation.
Due to contract restrictions, we cannot entertain any applicants employed by San Mateo County.
Application Process: Submit CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
We strongly encourage individuals who can represent one or more underserved populations in San Mateo County (e.g., people of color, people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, people with disabilities, immigrants) to apply. Position open until filled.