Clinical Supervisor - Contract
Counseling – A Program Summary:
Our Counseling Program consists of Staff, Associates (Clinical Interns), and Volunteer trauma counselors who provide a variety of support services to child, adolescent and adult survivors of all forms of direct and indirect trauma from sexual abuse or assault trauma. We believe it is crucial to focus on the intergenerational effects of trauma on individuals within the context of individuals, families and our community.
About the position:
RTS seeks a contracted Clinical Supervisor to oversee the clinical work of 7-9 postgraduate MFT/PCC/SW associates.
- Supervisor will provide group supervision for four hours (two separate groups) at RTS office (Burlingame).
- Supervisor will provide individual supervision for one hour per week, provided to interns on a rotating basis.
- Supervisor will review intern notes for 1 hour per week.
- Supervisor will be available for emergency clinical consultations.
- Supervisor will work collaboratively with Program Director and Counseling Department on case assignments and other programmatic needs as required.
Qualifications and Characteristics Desired:
- Licensed professional with BBS, minimum of two years prior to commencement of supervision.
- Excellent clinical skills.
- Exceptional ability to provide supervision in a supportive, constructive, trauma informed manner.
- Ensure clinicians complete all paperwork to agency timeline.
- Experience working with trauma.
- Comfort working with the diverse population of San Mateo County.
- Bi-lingual, bi-cultural Spanish speaking candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Appreciation of the agency’s philosophical understanding regarding violence and oppression;
- Commitment to the agency’s efforts to be inclusive and make its services accessible to all people;
- Commitment to trauma-focused counseling and advocacy;
- Reliable access to transportation.
Due to contract restrictions, we cannot entertain any applicants employed by San Mateo County.
Application Process: Submit CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strongly encourage individuals who can represent one or more underserved populations in San Mateo County (e.g., people of color, people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, people with disabilities, immigrants) to apply. Position open until filled.