Counseling Program Director
RTS is seeking an innovative, business-oriented, passionate yet pragmatic clinician who will be responsible for maintaining and expanding clinical programs. Under the supervision of the Executive Director and Program Director, the Counseling Program Director will:
- provide oversight for clinical services, quality assurance, school-based services, intake and outreach efforts
- plan for the timely and clinically accurate provision of trauma therapy for survivors and their families
- Manage RTS’ clinical team
- recruit and hire exceptional clinicians to meet agency needs
- coordinate weekly clinical supervision
- provide trauma therapy and crisis intervention services
- create year-long department calendar outlining support groups, team trainings and other project deadlines
- collaborate with agency clinical trainers to develop skill building curriculum and ongoing education
- oversee grant and contract objectives to ensure program funding
- support the skill development of RTS staff
- perform other agency responsibilities as needed
- Possession of a valid clinical license: LMFT, LCSW, or LPCC with BBS for the past two years
- At least 3 years of professional experience, program direction and supervision
- Extensive experience in relationship-based and trauma-informed interventions for children, couples, families and groups, especially among underserved populations and gender diverse individuals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to listen, clarify, validate, and respectfully challenge
- Strong interest in and commitment to developing and/or expanding trauma-focused clinical skills including being open to an eclectic range of interventions for supporting healing. Modalities may include TF-CBT, Parent-child psychotherapy, EMDR, etc.
- Ability to take initiative, provide leadership combined with openness and patience in learning agency culture
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities, track projects and timelines, and follow-through
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to edit the work of others and provide feedback
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some weekend and evening hours to finish projects on time
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT), Google Drive and other commonly used applications
- Valid California driver’s license, insurance, and reliable access to transportation
- Bi-lingual/bi-cultural Spanish speaking candidates strongly preferred
- Ability to work from home by creating and maintaining a productive and confidential work environment that allows for virtual meetings, telehealth therapy and phone calls; access to consistent high-speed internet and a phone line
- Adhere to local public health guidelines
Competitive salary ($65,000.00+) and benefits package including 20 days of PTO accrued/year, 15 paid holidays, retirement plan, including company match, 100% employer covered healthcare, vision and dental.
Please submit resume or CV and a cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly labeled “Attn: Counseling Program Director – (Your Name)”.
In the required cover letter, please describe your progressive, professional development in the areas of team leadership and curriculum development and implementation. Your cover letter must be succinct and not exceed 1 page.
We strongly encourage individuals who can represent one or more underserved populations in San Mateo County (e.g., people of color, people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, people with disabilities, immigrants) to apply.
Position open until filled. RTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.