The Trauma Therapist will provide trauma-based psychotherapy to children, adolescents, adults, and families. Under the supervision of the Counseling Program Director, the Trauma Therapist will:
- provide assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of sexual abuse/assault survivors and their families utilizing TF-CBT, EMDR, play therapy, art therapy, and/or other evidence based and/or trauma informed therapeutic modalities
- engage and maintain a caseload of 17-20 clients
- perform treatment planning, crisis intervention, advocacy and consultation in collaboration with other multi-disciplinary team members
- perform case management and advocacy to ensure families are connected to community service providers
- actively participate in clinical supervision
- perform other agency responsibilities as needed
- Master's degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling, or closely related mental health field and current License or registration as an Associate with BBS
- Working knowledge of trauma, attachment, child development, crisis intervention, and psychotherapeutic techniques
- Experience working with at-risk children, families and caregivers, especially with diverse and underserved populations
- Organized with the ability to manage many projects simultaneously while attending to detail and quality
- In-depth knowledge of various intersections that affect the lives of Latinos, both immigrant and U.S. born
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some weekend and evening hours
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT), Google Drive and other commonly used applications
- Valid California driver’s license, insurance, and reliable access to transportation
- Ability to work from home by creating and maintaining a productive and confidential work environment that allows for virtual meetings, telehealth therapy and phone calls; access to consistent high-speed internet and a phone line
- Adhere to local public health guidelines
Competitive salary and benefits package including 20 days of PTO accrued/year, retirement plan, healthcare, vision and dental. RTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit resume or CV and a cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly labeled “Attn: Trauma Therapist – (Your Name)”.
In the required cover letter, please describe your view of the core impacts of trauma on survivors, families and communities. Your cover letter must be succinct and not exceed 1 page.
We strongly encourage individuals representing one or more underserved populations in San Mateo County (e.g., people of color, people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, people with disabilities, immigrants) to apply. Position open until filled.